If you are looking for a job, you must be scrolling the webpages finding a good and professional resume template. Sometimes, even when you find the perfect resume template or a resume example to initiate the work, you lack the knowledge of what to put, how to put, and where to put. This article will give you all the information you need to write a perfect resume to get the job you need.
- Contact Information: This is the part where you tell the employer how he can approach you. Here you can provide your name, contact number, and email address. Do not include your home address unless the job requirements say so. Don’t include it in a header, but at a side of the page.
- Objective: This statement should be around four to six lines where you describe who you are and how can you benefit the job. Here you can only use personal pronouns and tell your ambition in regard to the job.
- Key Skills and Strengths: This portion should list down all the skills that you have. It might include any specific area you have had worked on including your area of study. Computers skills, accounting skills, and management skills are preferably mentioned in this area.
- Experience: Here you list down all the experiences with dates and the company’s name that you have. Start with the most recent ones. Avoid listing down the responsibilities you had in the jobs. Describe every job in 1 line at max. Keep it short and informative.
- Education: Here you list down all the education you had. Mention the respective institutions and dates. Do not list down any certificate.
- References: This section might include the contacts of an old employer who would recommend you or a person who you have worked on a freelance basis. Make sure the person will assure the new employer that your skills are worth considering.
Don’t add any image other than your professional picture on the resume. Avoid adding any private information and make the resume look professional. Ask your friends to review it.